How To Choose Your First Wig
Millions of people wear wigs every day, and you’re definitely not alone. In fact, today’s top celebrities not only wear wigs on the red carpet and in movies but also in everyday life, too. And even if this isn’t your first wig, you may learn some tips that will assist you in choosing your next wig.
If it’s going to be your first time wearing a wig, you might feel a little timid about the whole experience, but rest assured, there’s no need to be scared! Wigs have improved significantly over the years and now offer the exact look you desire, seamlessly integrating with your scalp and facial features.
For your first wig, you should consider wearing something that more closely matches your current or previous hairstyle. Staying with what you’re familiar with will make the ongoing maintenance and styling of your hair easier.
Many wigs can be styled to look different, so you can always look into taking your wig to a salon that specializes in wig care or doing it yourself at a later time.
Accurately measure your head circumference and choose the wig cap that suits your size.
- Measure from the front of your hairline, behind your ear, to the nape of your neck, to your other ear, and then match the measuring tape back to the other end at the front of your hairline.
- Prepare for your hairstyle to be destroyed.
- Trying a wig on means that you’re going to put you in a stocking cap
- Don't be worried, and asking for help
- Do research the name, style on Youtube for reviews and other social media before purchase
- Keep read and follow our Instagram to get more wig info
Moving to the factors about choosing the first wig, here are 5 factors that go into finding the perfect wig to achieve a more beautiful you: Hairstyles, Length, Texture, Color, and Capsize.
- What Shape Is Your Face?
- When selecting your wig style, it’s not your personal preference that should be the main consideration. Instead, you should carefully consider what type of wig style looks best with your face shape.
- Even though you may prefer a certain wig style, the most important thing to keep in mind is which wig will best flatter the shape of your head and face.
This will help you determine the length, texture, and overall style of the wig to choose from. Here are the different face shapes and the styles that look best with each one.
- There are 3 length total: Short Wigs, Medium Length Wigs, and Long Length wigs
- Short wigs are better for areas or if you feel your body is always hot. The longer the wig (just like the longer your hair) the more heat will be trapped and the warmer you might feel throughout the day.
- Short wigs are a bit easier to maintain, dry faster, are quicker to style and can cost less. (But the choice is yours, don’t let money get in the way of achieving the look you want.)
- Short wigs are more suitable for everyone, but long wigs might be a little restricted by height. If you’re not tall, then don’t choose your first wig too long so it looks not so weird in proportion.
- Wavy: Flowing and bouncy, but not curled.
- Curly: Heat-Friendly and pops back like a slinky.
- There is no shortage of variation in wig colors, however, finding the exact color to match you or your original hair color can be a very tricky task.
- If this is your first wig, you may want to consider remaining closer to your natural hair color. You can always try new, different colors later. It’s also important to keep your natural skin tone in mind when selecting your wig color.
- Choose a wig that suits your makeup
- Decide what you're gonna wear and choose what you will put on your makeup.
- Does it fit your mood?
- Choose the wig that affects your daily lifestyle
- Are you typically at a desk inside for most of the day? Or do you live a very active life that includes sports?
- If most of your day is spent inside at a desk, then you may want to select synthetic wigs or heat-friendly synthetic wigs. (Short one) They are less durable than human hair wigs, but you can take advantage of a smaller price tag since you won’t be demanding as much from your wig.
- On the other hand, if you’re typically more active, human hair as well as premium human and Remy hair hybrid wigs will likely serve you better since they are the most durable.